Friday, June 4, 2010

Missed events and baby birds

So...it's been a really long time since we've updated our blog, but recently I had this idea to make a blog about family history and how to do it. Tyler and I were called to be Family History Teachers in our ward and I've subsequently caught the FH (Family History) Bug. In the process of creating this FH blog, I learned how to make a really awesome blog. I couldn't just stop there with the FH blog...I had to update our family blog as well (It was awful looking). So here we are with a new blog and I don't know what to write because I am tired.

My sister, Morgan, graduated recently from High School on May 28, 2010. I was really sad that we couldn't be there. I told myself a while ago that I was going to be there, but finances, Tyler's schooling, and the car didn't agree with me.

Tyler's best friend, Jacob Hunt, was married the same day...we, again, couldn't be there.

This day was also the day that two awful, EVIL crows came and attacked the bird's nest above our door. About two months ago, a pair of robins came and built a nest in the exposed rafters above our door. A few weeks later Tyler peeked in the nest and saw two robins blue egg. We were so excited for the babies to hatch, even though it might have curtailed our activities  outside our apartment. We were expected the parents to dive bomb us once the birds hatched. This day, May 28, it was raining and the crows were out hunting for worms. They must have seen the two robins flying in and out of the rafters. All of a sudden I hear this Metallic grinding noise. I thought that one of the rafters had broken loose, but no...that was too good to be true. The crows were at the nest (the parents were frightened off) and they had picked up one of the babies. I tried to scare them off. They dropped the baby in the insulation (probably would have been painful). I couldn't get the step ladder in time to save the baby. It knocked itself off the ledge and fell over 6 feet to the concrete. It died. I called an Animal hospital to see if there was anything I could do. They tried to help but advised me to call Fish and Game next time (even though it was a small animal hospital). I tried to put the baby back up in the nest but just succeeded in putting it on the ledge in front of the nest. Eventually the parents came back, but the crows attacked again. I think they must have taken the other baby, because the parents abandoned the nest. Now I hate crows with a passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment